Skip to content

And if I had a million dollars we’d take a limousine cause it costs more

January 9, 2007

I’ve had that song stuck in my head ever since I heard it this morning. It makes me smile a little :).

I just realized that I didn’t speak to a single person I know today. Only my pilots and I just met them last week. At least they’re nice. I was in Montreal last night and my phone is roaming there so I can’t call. I did get some text messages and a voicemail upon my arrival back into the good ol’ US of A. I’m not complaining. It was a quiet day which is fine, just a little odd to realize that.

I also didn’t have any internet access while up in Canadia, which is quite frustrating. I’m addicted to Flica (our scheduling site) and keep checking to see if they’ve approved any of my swaps. Today was nice though, despite the lack of communication. I got up late this morning (we landed in Montreal at 1215 last night and didn’t get to the hotel until 130. That airport is enormous), then walked a few blocks out of the ghetto to eat lunch. In spite of the cold it was nice to get out, walk around, and see the city a little. I don’t understand how people live in climates like that. I saw something really interesting – we were walking back from lunch and passed a little park where there were a lot of pigeons parking off with their feathers all fluffed up. All of the sudden they started flying around, but kind of in an orderly way. I thought the wind was doing something weird. They flew to one side, then back, and I saw this lady trying to walk through them and was thinking every time she walks a different way they keep flying in her face and all around her. I finally realized after she had made a half circle walk around the park, that all the pigeons were following her. I guess they had seen her coming up, flown over to her and kept going until she stopped. It was the weirdest thing. And sure enough, she stopped and started throwing bird seed to them. I didn’t know that pigeons could recognize a person but that is definitely what happened. And even before she started throwing the bird seed more birds kept flying up. Definitely something a little out of the ordinary.

This morning when I woke up I washed my face I was looking in the mirror and noticed a weird mark on my cheek. Some of you know that whenever we take off I write the time on the back of my left hand, kind of between my thumb and index finger. Evidently I spent a great deal of the night sleep on my hand. No amount of soap and water would get it off so I had to go to lunch with three little numbers on my cheek. How cool am I?

This hotel we’re staying in is really nice. I’m in the grand town of Monroe, LA. Not a bad place though, it seems. They have earplugs, popcorn, full kitchen, nice soap and shampoo, pleasant color schemes, and will even go grocery shopping for only the cost of the groceries. There is a mall across the street and breakfast. Only drawback seems to be that I can’t pick up wireless. Arg.

Ah, I have just discovered why they give you earplugs. Here comes the train! I don’t think I have anything else to blather on about. Tomorrow night I’ll be in Tulsa, then Thursday I’m home. Four day trips are way too long!

I’ve tried posting this 3 times with the proper time, not Pacific time, and it won’t let me. Arg!!

No comments yet

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: