Skip to content

chillin with the mormons

November 26, 2006

I’m so far behind in blogging I don’t even know where to start. Last week was really busy. One thing went right into the next thing and by the time I got some free time I was so tired I couldn’t do anything.

Right now I’m in Salt Lake City. Been here for a couple of hours now and am allowing myself to veg and not feel bad about it. I should’ve just left my running shoes at home since my bag now weighs about a million pounds, but I guess I need to leave myself the option to run if I feel like it. I didn’t run any last week. I feel kind of bad about it but it was pretty much all I could do to sleep, much less do anything extra. I’m really happy because for the next week I don’t have to get up ridiculously early. I’ll be here in Salt Lake again tomorrow night, then Milwaukee Wednesday night.

God has really blessed me lately. Things have been crazy and haven’t always turned out like I wanted them, but somehow it’s always turned out better. I dont’ know if that makes sense. I did my charter flight on Thursday and didn’t come back that night like I had planned. I had gotten tickets to take J to the opening of Casino Royale for his birthday at midnight and missed that, which was really disappointing, but because I had to spend the night in Ft. Lauderdale I got paid a whole extra lot of money. A whole lot. I also got a huge tip from the passenger so I earned nearly half what I make in one month on that trip. God is good. It’s amazing how differently I feel about the holidays knowing that I’ll be able to buy Christmas presents and not go into debt. This will be the first Christmas in years that I haven’t used credit cards and it was making me nervous. I actually voluntarily listened to Christmas music the other day. It felt nice.

I also dropped my cell phone yesterday on the way down the steps to church. It went off and would only come back on when it was charging. A piece of metal had already come out the charger and I was wondering how long it was going to last. A little worried cause I don’t want to have to spend a ton of money on a new phone right now. I can upgrade in June and wanted to hang on til then. I took it into Verizon and left with a brand new version of my same phone, all my numbers, pictures, everything from my other phone – for only $50. My phone has been through a lot of abuse so I was grateful to get a new one without spending all the money I just got.

There’s a lot more to tell but I’ll tell it later. I’m going to see if I can find some pictures of this airplane I worked on the other day. It was amazing. I’m anxious to get my schedule for next month. Wonder what I’m going to be stuck with over Christmas…

No comments yet

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: